Module Three: Text Questions
1. Explain the different forms of child abuse? Include Shaken Baby Syndrome in your response. The four different types of child abuse are physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional or psycological the shaken baby syndrome happens because of this it causes brain swelling, internal bleeding, untached retinas which means that the baby may go blind, mental retardation and lastly death . 2. What types of physical care must a parent provide an infant child? The type of physical care a parent must give an infant child is , bathing , diaper changes , and dress & fed properly . It also must prop the infants head up properly while giving a child it's bottle. 3. What are some strategies for helping a child cope with stress? Some of the strategies for helping a child cope with stress are , Encouraging open communication with their child , helping them feel comfortable enough to open up to you about whats bothering them. Helping your child come up with ways to solve their own problems rather then solve them yourself is also a great way.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is the difference between a protective environment and a nurturing environment?
2. How do children’s needs change as they grow through development stages from infancy to teen years? How do special needs children differ?
3. List and explain factors a parent can control that lead to a nurturing environment. Include characteristics of nurturing parents.
4. List and explain factors that lead to poor relationships and that increase the risk of child abuse.
5. Why is it critical for a parent to be involved in their children’s education?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document