Infant Observation Physical Growth:
1) TT is about 6 months old. His parents are part of the Chinese Culture. He has black hair and beautiful big brown eyes. His little arms and legs are chunky. In proportion to his body his head seems to be bigger but it’s not. 2) When I was doing my observation he was playing. Perception:
3) TT mostly observes objects with bright colors about few seconds before he drops it to find the next curious object. When put down onto the floor he crawls right towards the toys, telling his mom that he prefers colors. As his mom move a toy in front of his face side to side, he follows it with his eyes and his head. When his mom play some music he turns his head towards the source of the sound and starts to crawl closer to the music.4)No real regular actions to make his mom believe he is in need of any special item other than food when he is hungry. Motor Development:
5) Blinking reflex-when his mom blow on his face his eyes respond by blinking.6) I see him exploring his surroundings, at objects and feeling them. He is crawling, he can walk while holding onto furniture or he is sitting when examining a toy. 7) He moves his head in a normal way. 8) He can reach sitting position alone. He does so by bending one knee and backing down onto his behind. 9) He grasps an object on right hand while holding his upper body with his other hand (left) onto the floor. He lets go of the object by dropping it at his side to grab the next. Cognitive Development:
10) To find out if TT has a concept of object permanence his mom used the Piaget method. His mom shoved TT a toy and then his mom covered it with a blanket. He grabed the blanket off the toy. That tells his mom has a clear concept of object permanence 11) Sensorimotor activity –His eyes focus on bright colors and he responds to sounds by looking toward the sounds. Language Development:
12) When TT’s mom said “this is ball?” and TT...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document